What to expect from this course
This course is recommended for anyone who has contact with adults or children within a fitness training environment where there may be a need to administer first aid.
In line with the latest Resuscitation Council UK protocols (October 2015) all our CPR courses include AED training at no extra cost. Training is led by qualified paramedics with extensive experience in emergency medical care.
Subjects covered include:
- Aims and principles of first aid
- Resuscitation for adults and children
- Use of an AED
- Recognising and Responding to Heart Attacks and Angina
- Asthma attacks
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty
- Spinal injuries
- Head injuries
- Simple fractures and dislocations
- Bleeding (including nose bleeds)
- Soft tissue injuries
- Heat and ice treatments
- The importance of record keeping
This course is available
On-site 7 days a week, across the UK.
For individuals we run regular
Open courses in Central London
– see dates above.
1 day (usually 7.5 hours including lunch and breaks)
Continuous assessment by your instructor plus a multiple choice assessment paper
On successful completion of the course, participants will receive a QA Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work, valid for 3 years.