What to expect from this course
NOTE: Our Open courses are now Blended Emergency First Aid at Work, click here for dates and details
This 1 day course is for people who are required to act as an Emergency First Aider at Work. Participants will learn the skills required to manage an emergency situation effectively with the aim of preventing situations from becoming worse and maintaining life until help arrives.
This course is recommended for persons in low-risk and smaller workplaces, where a nominated person is required to take charge in the event of illness or accident and for larger organisations where fully qualified First Aiders can benefit from extra support.
Many private individuals also book on to this course as it is an excellent introduction to first aid for the general public.
On successful completion of the course, you will be able to:
- understand the role and responsibilities of the first aider
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- administer first aid to an adult casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation to an adult, including using an AED
- administer first aid to an adult casualty who is choking
- administer first aid to an adult casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- administer first aid to an adult casualty who is suffering from shock
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
This course is available
On-site 7 days a week, across the UK.
For individuals we run regular
Open courses in Central London
– see dates above.
1 day (usually 7.5 hours including lunch and breaks)
Continuous assessment by your instructor plus a multiple choice assessment paper.
On successful completion of the course, participants will receive an FAIB accredited certificate in Emergency First Aid at Work, valid for 3 years.