What to expect from this course
This course is for staff who are required to act as an Emergency First Aider at Work. Participants will learn the skills required to manage an emergency situation effectively with the aim of preventing situations from becoming worse and maintaining life until help arrives.
Part 1 involves completing our interactive e-learning module and can be done any time before you attend the face to face training. You will be sent a link to the e-learning module when you book this course.
Part 2 is 4 hours of face to face training where you will learn and demonstrate all the practical sections of the course.
On successful completion of the course, you will be able to:
- understand the role and responsibilities of the first aider
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- administer first aid to an adult casualty who is unconscious (including seizures)
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation to an adult, including using an AED
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
Once completed you will be emailed an FAIB accredited Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate valid for 3 years.
This course is available
On-site 7 days a week, across the UK.
For individuals we run regular
Open courses in Central London
– see dates above.
2 hours elearning plus 4 hours practical training
Continuous assessment by your instructor plus a multiple-choice assessment paper.
On successful completion of the course, participants will receive an FAIB accredited certificate in Emergency First Aid at Work, valid for 3 years.