What to expect from this course
This comprehensive course is for professional child carers including pre-school, nursery and reception year teachers and childminders caring for children under 8. Course content meets Ofsted and Scottish requirements for first aid training in Early Years settings. All learners receive access to our first aid app.
This course includes FREE Anaphylaxis (EpiPen) Training and annual online CPR refresher training.
The blended paediatric first aid course is in 2 parts:
Part 1 involves completing our interactive e-learning module and can be done any time before you attend the face to face training. You will be sent a link to the e-learning module when you book this course.
Part 2 is a one day face to face course where you will learn and demonstrate all the practical sections of the course.
Subjects covered include:
- Eye, nose and ear obstructions
- Childhood conditions
- Asthma and respiratory infections
- Diabetes, Sickle Cell Anaemia, Meningitis
- Epilepsy and Convulsions
- Role of a first aider, accident reporting and the first aid box
- Action planning in an emergency
- Unconscious baby or child
- Infant, child and adult resuscitation(CPR )
- Infant, child and adult action for choking
- Head injuries
- Allergic reactions and anaphylactic shock
- Treatment for bleeding, shock and burns
- Treatment for sprains, strains and fractures
- Poisoning, bites and stings
For individuals we run regular Open courses
in Central London.
On-site courses are available at your early years setting
or home, 7 days a week, across the UK.
The e-learning module will take up to 6 hours to complete
plus one day face to face training
Open courses are usually from 09.30-16.30.
On-site training is available from 07.00-23.00
Short multiple choice assessment at the end of the e-learning module plus continuous assessment by your instructor throughout the face to face training course.
If for any reason you are unable to demonstrate the practical skills taught on the course we will invite you to attend a further course completely free of charge.
On successful completion of the course you will receive an FAIB, nationally recognised Paediatric First Aid certificate valid for three years.