What to expect from this course
This course provides employers and employees with an understanding of how COVID-19 and other infections are transmitted and what measures should be put in place to prevent and control their spread in the workplace.
This course is based on Public Health and HSE Guidelines for working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19)
Course content :
- Infection Prevention and Control of Germs
- Sources of Infection
- Susceptible People
- Signs and Symptoms of COVID-19
- Covid-19 Risk Assessment
- 5 Step Plan to Working Safely during coronavirus
- What to do if someone at work has or is suspected of having COVID-19
- Handwashing – Clean Hands Save Lives
- When Should Staff Wash Their Hands?
- Coughs and Sneezes Spread Diseases
- PPE – Personal Protective Equipment
- Face Coverings
- Cleaning Procedures
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Cleaning Premises and Equipment
- Managing Waste Safely
- Useful Resources – including posters to display in your workplace
This online course can be completed on any PC or mobile device. Study at your own pace and log in and out as often as you wish
Self-checks after each section of the course so that you can consolidate your knowledge. On successful completion of the end of course assessment, you can download a CPD certificate to display in your workplace.