What to expect from this course
This course provides dentists and the entire dental team with the skills, knowledge and confidence to effectively manage life threatening and common medical emergencies in the practice.
In line with the Resuscitation Council (UK) and CQC Guidelines, resuscitation training should be repeated at least annually.
Training is led by qualified paramedics with extensive experience in emergency medical care.
FREE Emergency Equipment Check: For your peace of mind, your Safe and Sound instructor will check your emergency drugs kit and equipment to ensure that everything is in date and stored correctly.
Subjects covered include:
- Basic Life Support for adults and children
- Management of acute anaphylaxis
- Use of Emergency Equipment (oxygen, airway adjuncts and drugs)
- Cardiac Arrest Rhythms
- Use of Automated External Defibrillator
- Recognising and responding appropriately to asthma, diabetes, fainting, epilepsy and myocardial infarction
This course is available
On-site at your practice
7 days a week, across the UK.
Continuous assessment by your instructor
If for any reason a learner is unable to demonstrate the practical skills taught on the course they will be invited to attend one of our Open courses completely free of charge.
On successful completion of the course you will receive a Safe and Sound certificate valid for one year. This course qualifies for 3 hours of verifiable CPD