What to expect from this course
This dementia awareness course is recommended for professional carers or relatives who look after people with dementia. At the end of the course, participants will be able to identify what dementia is, understand the needs of people with dementia and explore and identify principles of person centred care.
- Exploring what dementia is/the ageing process
- The impact of the illness on the person
- Principles of Person Centred care
- Applying person centred principles in practice
- The importance of communication
- Acknowledging the impact of the illness on communication
- Approaches to enhancing communication
- The influence of the environment
On-site courses are available
7 days a week, across the UK.
Continuous assessment by your instructor
On completion of the course, participants will receive a Safe and Sound Certificate of Attendance
Start this course immediately with our easy to use e-learning option: