What to expect from this course
This interactive and comprehensive online course provides an awareness of fire safety in early years settings and is suitable for all staff working in school, nursery and childminding settings.
It has been developed in line with national fire safety legislation and Ofsted guidelines for early years settings and is mapped to Level 2 on the RQF.
The syllabus includes:-
• The importance of Fire Safety
• Fire Safety requirements in Early Years settings
• Fire Risk Assessment
• The Main Causes of Fire
• How fire starts – The Fire Triangle
• Heat / ignition sources and managing them safely
• Electrical Equipment
• Fuel sources and managing them safely
• How fire spreads
• Fire Hazards – how fire harms you
• Controlling Fire
• Fire Safety Procedures
• Role and Responsibilities of the Fire Marshal
• Practising Fire Drills
This online course can be completed on any PC or mobile device. Study at your own pace and log in and out as often as you wish
Appeals to all learning styles with interactive quizzes, video and audio features
Allows you to work at your own pace, testing your knowledge as you progress through the course
On successful completion, you can download a certificate as evidence that you have passed the course.
Self checks after each section of the course and a short end of course multiple choice assessment
This course has been approved by the CPD Accreditation Group