What to expect from this course
This practical, interactive 2 day mental health first aid course will give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to recognise and respond appropriately to the signs and symptoms of mental ill health. You will learn how to listen non-judgmentally, reassure and respond to a colleague, even in a crisis. The course is delivered by a highly qualified and experienced MHFA trainer with clinical and/or lived experience of mental ill health.
Subjects covered include:
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Roles and responsibilities of a Mental Health First Aider
- Understanding boundaries and looking after your own mental health
- Stigma and discrimination
- Recognising the signs of a broad range of mental health conditions including:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Drugs and alcohol
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- MHFA action plan including crisis first aid
- Signposting a colleague to appropriate professional support
For individuals we run regular
Open courses in Central London.
On-site courses are available
at your workplace across the UK.
This is a 2 day course
(7 hours including breaks)
Open courses are usually from 09.30-17.00
You will be continuously assessed by your instructor throughout the course.
On successful completion of the course you will receive a nationally recognised MHFA certificate.