What to expect from this course
This is a highly practical course to equip PE & sports teachers, coaches and members of the fitness industry with the skills needed to effectively manage a first aid incident in a sports and training environment.
- managing a first aid incident
- content of the first aid kit
- the importance of record keeping
- CPR and AED (defibrillator) for adults and children
- management of an unconscious casualty
- wounds and bleeding including nose bleeds
- choking and asphyxia
- asthma attacks
- head, neck, spine, and limb injuries
- recognising concussion
- soft tissue injuries
- heat and ice treatments
- cease to play decisions
On-site at your school or sports centre, 7 days a week, across the UK.
1 day (usually 8 hours including lunch and breaks)
Continuous assessment by your instructor
If for any reason a learner is unable to demonstrate the practical skills taught on the course they will be invited to attend one of our Open courses completely free of charge.
On successful completion of the course you will receive an FAIB nationally recognised Emergency First Aid at Work certificate valid for three years.
You will also have unlimited access to our online first aid book.