What to expect from this course
This course has been designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge to ensure that all members of the dental team are working effectively together in accordance with infection control legislation and guidance to ensure the safety of both patients and staff.
Subjects covered include:
- The importance of Infection Prevention and Control
- Practical tips to comply with HTM 01-05
- Cross infection, the different types of infection (their associated diseases) and recognising the routes of infection
- What’s the difference between cleaning, disinfection and sterilisation?
- Safe handling and decontamination of instruments
- Disinfection and sterilisation of instruments, impressions and surfaces
- Cleaning, maintaining and the testing of Ultra-Sonic Baths, Autoclaves, Aspirators and Suction Units
- The correct use of Autoclaves, Ultra-Sonic Baths, Washer Disinfectors and disposable Instruments
- Understanding Aseptic Storage
- The correct disposal of waste
- The importance of personal protection and protective workwear
- Operating safely and practically within the law and the British Dental Association guidelines
On-site training is available
at your Dental Practice
7 days a week, across the UK.
2-3 hours depending on the number of learners
On-site training is available from 07.00-23.00
Continuous assessment by your instructor throughout the course.
On successful completion of the course you will receive a Safe and Sound certificate valid for three years and states that it is Verifiable CPD