What to expect from this course
This course will provide staff working with children with an understanding of how infections including COVID-19 are transmitted and what measures can be put in place to prevent and control their spread.
It is suitable for everyone working within childhood settings including schools, nurseries, adventure playgrounds, holiday playschemes, youth clubs, family entertainment centres and childcare provision.
Once purchased, you will receive an email with instructions for logging in to the course.
Course content :
- Infection Prevention and Control of Germs
- Sources of Infection
- Susceptible People
- Common Childhood Infections and Infections In Pregnancy
- Signs and Symptoms of COVID-19
- Infection Control Risk Assessment
- Covid-19 Risks Assessment – Points To Consider
- What to do if someone has or is suspected of having COVID-19
- Handwashing – Clean Hands Save Lives
- When Should Staff Wash Their Hands?
- Teaching Children To Wash Their Hands Properly
- Coughs and Sneezes Spread Diseases
- PPE – Personal Protective Equipment
- Cleaning Procedures
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Cleaning Facilities and Equipment
- Cleaning Toys and Equipment
- Nappy Changing, Potties and Toilets
- Blood and Body Fluid Spillages
- Managing Waste Safely
- Reporting and Recording Infectious Disease Outbreaks
Approximately 2-3 hours
This online course can be completed on any PC or mobile device. Study at your own pace and log in and out as often as you wish
Appeals to all learning styles with interactive quizzes, video and audio features
Allows you to work at your own pace, testing your knowledge as you progress through the course
Self-checks after each section of the course so that you can consolidate your knowledge. On successful completion of the end of course assessment, you can download a CPD accredited certificate.