What to expect from this course
Our one day mental health awareness and skills course qualifies employees as Mental Health Champions.
You will gain:
- Knowledge and confidence to provide Mental Health First Aid for the most common mental health issues
- Understanding of how to help build a mentally healthy workplace, challenge stigma and support positive wellbeing
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
What to expect
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A comprehensive course manual
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- A copy of the Line Managers’ Resource, an invaluable source of advice on how to support an employee experiencing mental ill health
• About Mental Health First Aid
• About mental health and stress in the workplace
• Stigma and discrimination
• Anxiety disorders
• Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
• Early warning signs of mental ill health
• Alcohol, drugs and mental health
• Mental Health First Aid action plan
• Building a mentally healthy workplace
• Action planning for Mental Health First Aid
By the end of this course, your company will be able to promote you as a ‘Mental Health Champion’. This will mean that anyone who wants to talk about their mental health will know they can come to you.
For individuals we run regular
Open courses in Central London.
On-site courses are available
at your workplace across the UK.
This is a 1 day course
(7 hours including breaks)
Open courses are usually from 09.30-17.00
You will be continuously assessed by your instructor throughout the course.
On completion of the course you will receive an MHFA accredited certificate of attendance