What to expect from this course
This provides an overview of policy and practice tailored to the role and responsibilities of school and early years staff. It is aimed at all those working with children including teaching and non-teaching staff.
Please note that staff with designated responsibilities for child protection require additional training via their local authority.
Subjects taught include:
- The legal and policy framework of safeguarding and child protection
- The roles and responsibilities of education staff in safeguarding
- What is meant by abuse and neglect
- Types of abuse, signs and symptoms
- What to do if you have concerns
On-site courses are available
7 days a week, across the UK.
Continuous assessment by your instructor and a short multiple choice paper
On completion of the course, participants will receive a Safe and Sound Certificate of Attendance which is valid for 3 years
Start this course immediately with our easy to use e-learning option: An Introduction to Safeguarding Children