What to expect from this course
Healthcare Professionals working with adults are required to complete training in the Safeguarding of Adults at Risk (Vulnerable Adults), often referred to as POVA. This course, led by a highly qualified and experienced Adult Social Worker, is aligned to the UK Core Skills Training Frameworks subject “Safeguarding adults”.
Subjects taught include:
- Your role in the Protection of Vulnerable Adults
- What is “Abuse” and “Neglect”
- Why people do not always report Abuse
- Recognising different forms of Abuse, their signs and symptoms
- Reporting suspected Abuse and Neglect
- What to do if an individual confides in you
On-site courses are available
7 days a week, across the UK.
Continuous assessment by your instructor and a short multiple choice paper
On completion of the course, participants will receive a Safe and Sound Certificate of Attendance which is valid for 3 years
Start this course immediately with our easy to use e-learning option: