What to expect from this course
This course is based on the recommended content for Level 3 training and is aimed at those who require a more detailed understanding of adult and child protection, for example, GPs, health visitors, clinicians and others who work directly with children and their families. It is led by 2 instructors, a senior Child Social Worker and a senior Adult Social Worker with many years of experience in their particular fields.
Subjects taught include:
- The legal and policy framework of safeguarding and child protection
- Recognising abuse and neglect
- Responding to concerns
- The multi-agency framework of assessment and investigation
- Responsibilities regarding information sharing, communication and record keeping
- Your role in the Protection of Vulnerable Adults and children
On-site courses are available
7 days a week, across the UK.
Continuous assessment by your instructors and a short multiple choice paper
On completion of the course, participants will receive a Safe and Sound Certificate of Attendance which is valid for 3 years