What to expect from this course
This comprehensive course is for people intending to act as a First Aider at Work and complies with all HSE guidelines.
Part 1 involves completing our interactive e-learning module and can be done any time before you attend the face to face training. You will be sent a link to the e-learning module when you book this course.
Part 2 is 2 days of face to face course where you will learn and demonstrate all the practical sections of the course.
Subjects covered include:
- Aims and principles of first aid
- Prevention of cross-infection during first aid procedures
- CPR and use of an AED
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Assessment and treatment of a casualty who is wounded, bleeding or shocked
- How to deal with burns, poisoning and eye injuries
- Assessment and treatment of common major and minor illnesses e.g. epilepsy, diabetes, asthma
- Legal aspects of first aid at work – such as record keeping
- Managing cardiac circulation, asthma attacks and choking
- Management of fractures and dislocation
NOTE: Potential First Aiders should possess an aptitude to absorb knowledge & skills, be able to cope with stressful and physically demanding emergency situations and have duties that do not prevent them from going immediately to an emergency.
For individuals we run regular
Open courses in Central London.
On-site courses are available
at your workplace
7 days a week, across the UK.
The e-learning module will take up to 6 hours to complete
plus 2 days of face to face training
Open courses are usually from 09.30-16.30.
On-site training is available from 07.00-2200
Continuous assessment by your instructor plus 2 multiple choice assessment papers
On successful completion of the course, participants will receive a FAIB accredited First Aid at Work certificate, valid for 3 years.