What to expect from this course
This comprehensive course is for people intending to act as a First Aider at Work and complies with all HSE guidelines.
Part 1 involves completing our interactive e-learning module and can be done any time before you attend the face to face training. You will be sent a link to the e-learning module when you book this course.
Part 2 is 2 days of face to face course where you will learn and demonstrate all the practical sections of the course.
Subjects covered include:
- Aims and principles of first aid
- Prevention of cross-infection during first aid procedures
- CPR and use of an AED
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Assessment and treatment of a casualty who is wounded, bleeding or shocked
- How to deal with burns, poisoning and eye injuries
- Assessment and treatment of common major and minor illnesses e.g. epilepsy, diabetes, asthma
- Legal aspects of first aid at work – such as record keeping
- Managing cardiac circulation, asthma attacks and choking
- Management of fractures and dislocation
NOTE: Potential First Aiders should possess an aptitude to absorb knowledge & skills, be able to cope with stressful and physically demanding emergency situations and have duties that do not prevent them from going immediately to an emergency.
On-site courses are available at your workplace
7 days a week, across the UK.
The e-learning module will take up to 6 hours to complete
plus 2 days of face to face training
On-site training is available from 07.00-2200
Continuous assessment by your instructor plus 2 multiple choice assessment papers
On successful completion of the course, participants will receive a FAIB accredited First Aid at Work certificate, valid for 3 years.