What to expect from this course
This course is suitable for qualified workplace First Aiders who are within three months of expiry of their First Aid at Work Certificate. Existing certificates must be shown to the trainer at the start of the course.
The course gives participants the opportunity to refresh their skills and knowledge and ensures that they are brought up to date on any changes to resuscitation and first aid protocols.
Subjects covered include:
- Aims and principles of first aid
- Prevention of cross-infection during first aid procedures
- CPR and use of an AED
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Assessment and treatment of a casualty who is wounded, bleeding or shocked
- How to deal with burns, poisoning and eye injuries
- Assessment and treatment of common major and minor illnesses e.g. epilepsy, diabetes, asthma
- Legal aspects of first aid at work – such as record keeping
- Managing cardiac circulation, asthma attacks and choking
- Management of fractures and dislocation
This course is available
On-site 7 days a week, across the UK.
Continuous assessment by your instructor plus 2 multiple choice assessment papers
On successful completion of the course, participants will receive a FAIB accredited certificate in First Aid at Work, valid for 3 years.