What to expect from this course
This comprehensive course is for professional child carers including pre-school, nursery and reception year teachers and childminders caring for children under 8. Course content meets Ofsted and Scottish requirements for first aid training in Early Years settings. All learners receive a paediatric first aid manual.
This course includes FREE Anaphylaxis (EpiPen) Training and annual online CPR refresher training.
Subjects covered include:
- Role of a first aider, accident reporting and the first aid box
- Action planning in an emergency
- Unconscious baby or child
- Infant, child and adult resuscitation(CPR )
- Infant, child and adult action for choking
- Head injuries
- Allergic reactions and anaphylactic shock
- Treatment for bleeding, shock and burns
- Treatment for sprains, strains and fractures
- Poisoning, bites and stings
- Eye, nose and ear obstructions
- Childhood conditions
- Asthma and respiratory infections
- Diabetes, Sickle Cell Anaemia, Meningitis
- Epilepsy and Convulsions
This course is available
On-site at your early years setting or home
7 days a week, across the UK.
2 Days (usually 7 hours each day including breaks and lunch)
Continuous assessment by your instructor for practical subjects plus a short multiple choice assessment paper.
If for any reason a learner is unable to demonstrate the practical skills taught on the course they will be invited to attend one of our Open courses completely free of charge.
On successful completion of the course you will receive a Safe and Sound Paediatric First Aid certificate valid for three years.