Advice and information on keeping children safe and well plus Ofsted guidelines for registered nannies, au pairs and childminders.
Our advice includes links to:
- Becoming a registered early years or childcare provider in England, from gov.uk
- Keeping Babies safe at each stage of development from capt.org.uk
- Advice on recognising the early signs of meningitis and how to respond. from meningitisnow.co.uk.
- Performing CPR on babies and young children under 5 years of age. (Youtube videos
- First aid for choking children or babies. (Youtube video)
- How to prevent injuries to children under 5 years of age from gov.uk.
We’ve curated some of the most useful information to ensure your children’s care, with prevention techniques to avoid dangers and first aid treatments for some of the most common occurrences around the home.
Ofsted guidelines and registrationhttps://www.gov.uk/government/publications/become-a-registered-early-years-or-childcare-provider-in-england
The Child Accident Prevention Trust (CAPT) has all the information you need on keeping babies and children safe at each stage of their development.https://www.capt.org.uk/
Meningitis in babies and children
Advice on recognising and responding to the early signs and symptoms of meningitis.https://www.meningitisnow.org/meningitis-explained/signs-and-symptoms/
Child CPR Video
How to perform CPR on a child.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHV6Jl5lyAM
First Aid for Choking Child Video
How to administer first aid to a choking child.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyUKQ5Lf8KA
Baby CPR Video
How to perform CPR on a baby.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdaDn1LC53w
First Aid for Choking Baby Video
First Aid for choking babies.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38W39wMvk_g
Public Health England Guidelines on Preventing Childhood Injuries
How to prevent injuries to children under 5 years old.https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/unintentional-injuries-prevention-in-children-under-5-years