What to expect from this course
We believe that all children should leave school with basic first aid skills. Our Save a Mate courses are practical and interactive and aim to provide young people with the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to look after themselves and others as they become increasingly independent. Course content is tailored to the age of the pupils attending.
Subjects covered include:
- Recognising an emergency situation and reacting appropriately when someone falls ill or has an accident
- Maintaining the health and safety of yourself and the casualty whilst waiting for professional help to arrive
- Helping an unconscious casualty
- CPR and use of an AED (Defibrillator)
- Helping a choking casualty
- Helping someone who may be having a heart attack
- Helping someone who is having an asthma attack
- Managing panic attacks
- Dealing with bleeding
- Managing burns and scalds
- Recognising and responding to the signs and symptoms of poisoning including drug and alcohol poisoning and smoke and gas inhalation
- Dealing with head injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Road traffic injuries
Save A Mate courses are available
On–site at your school or college
7 days a week, across the UK.
From 2-18 hours. Minimum duration of each session is 2 hours
Please make an enquiry above for more details.
Continuous assessment by your instructor
On successful completion of the course pupils will receive a Safe and Sound Save A Mate certificate