What to expect from this course
This comprehensive 3 day course is for people intending to act as a First Aider at Work. It is designed to give the First Aider the skills necessary to give effective life support, diagnose and treat injuries or illness, and maintain care and comfort of the casualty.
Potential First Aiders should possess an aptitude to absorb knowledge & skills, be able to cope with stressful and physically demanding emergency situations and have duties that do not prevent them from going immediately to an emergency.
Subjects covered include:
- Aims and principles of first aid
- Prevention of cross-infection during first aid procedures
- CPR and use of an AED
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Assessment and treatment of a casualty who is wounded, bleeding or shocked
- How to deal with burns, poisoning and eye injuries
- Assessment and treatment of common major and minor illnesses e.g. epilepsy, diabetes, asthma
- Legal aspects of first aid at work – such as record keeping
- Managing cardiac circulation, asthma attacks and choking
- Management of fractures and dislocation
This course is available
On-site 7 days a week, across the UK.
Continuous assessment by your instructor plus 2 multiple choice assessment papers
On successful completion of the course, participants will receive a FAIB accredited First Aid at Work certificate, valid for 3 years.