What is a Blended Paediatric First Aid Course?
Safe and Sound have developed an excellent interactive elearning module to work alongside its face to face paediatric first aid course. It is an excellent alternative to the 2 day paediatric first aid course and it is suitable for anyone who works with young children. It is a comprehensive course in two parts for professional child carers including nannies, au pairs, pre-school, nursery and reception year teachers and childminders caring for children under 8.
The course content meets Ofsted and Scottish requirements for first aid training in Early Years settings.
The Blended Paediatric First Aid Course comes in 2 parts:
Part 1 involves completing our interactive elearning module and can be done any time before you attend the face to face training. You will be sent a link to the elearning module when you book this course.
Part 2 is a one day face to face course where you will learn and demonstrate all the practical sections of the course
Subjects covered include:
- Role of a first aider, accident reporting and the first aid box
- Action planning in an emergency
- Unconscious baby or child
- Infant, child and adult resuscitation (CPR )
- Infant, child and adult action for choking
- Head injuries
- Allergic reactions and anaphylactic shock
- Treatment for bleeding, shock and burns
- Treatment for sprains, strains and fractures
- Poisoning, bites and stings
- Eye, nose and ear obstructions
- Childhood conditions
- Asthma and respiratory infections
- Diabetes, Sickle Cell Anaemia,
- Epilepsy and Convulsions Hypo/Hyperthermia
There is a short multiple choice assessment at the end of the elearning module plus continuous assessment by your trainer throughout the face to face training day.
We run regular open courses for individuals in our central London venue opposite Euston Station in London and on-site courses are available 7 days a week across the UK.
For more information about Ofsted Registration click on our resources section of our website:
For details of all of our courses click on the courses section of this website